Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"ideal"-vs-ideal


supposed to be studying for finance test tomorrow-but i will in juusttt a seconnd

sometimes when i think about situations where I had an "ideal" way and it didnt happen, i am grateful because the other way worked out so much better. i mean i think its good to have goals and standards, but being flexible is good too. 

heres my recent example- if you ask me things that really bother me about other people i would say the top rated ones would be: high maintenance, needy, possessive/jealous, and people who dont allow me to have the space i need. but here's where the kink is thrown in, my dog Dooley, my best friend, who i probably spend more time with than anyone else is not what i would "ideally" choose for me. since he thinks he's a person i'll give you a profile view of him: he is very protective/possessive/jealous, he's very high maintenance from bathing and haircuts to the food he can and can not eat, he definitely doesn't give me space. when i go to sleep he will try everything in his power to get on my pillow, sleep on my face and put atleast one arm/leg on me. like the ultimate spoon. i am not a toucher when im sleeping, i need space, i get hot, and i surely dont want him snoring on my face. although i make him move, it makes me feel good that he wants to be with me. but honestly i do not know what i would have done, the last year especially, without him. may sound silly to you, but maybe you need a dog.

so i guess it goes to show us that we dont always know what is best for ourselves, and when we start to get disappointed-remember, some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

until then :)

3 comments:

  1. I think you need to post the pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dog is my best friend too. I will never need another boyfriend and will probably never have kids because I dont want to hurt Sadie's feelings. In class today we talked about the homeless adolescents that live on Guadalupe right in front of campus (aka "Drag Rats") and how, although they can barely take care of themselves, they always find a way to put their dogs needs in front of their own. Dogs are legit. A man will never compare to the "good morning" i get from Sadie.

    ReplyDelete